social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Tour 2013

As many of you know, I've been trying to see all the people I admire by the time I had turned forty years old. Well, I'm forty and my forty-first birthday is fast approaching. I had managed to see everyone on my list except Beyonce and Oprah. Well, HOT DAMN! Because I attended the Mrs. Carter Tour two weeks ago, July 13, 2013 in Nashville, TN.

I can't begin to describe how amazing the show was visually and vocally. I'd just had knee surgery a little over a week before the concert and my ticket was for general admission standing only. I was afraid I was not going to make it through the entire concert without giving into pain and going back to my hotel room. I had purchased an early entry ticket so I could get in earlier. However, there was over 200 people with early entry tickets as well, not to mention the other attendees at the sold out concert. I wore a brace on my knee to stabilize it because it was fairly weak. There was another young lady with a boot on her foot because she had just broke it recently. Thankfully, a woman named Ivy (what a sign right?), that worked for the promotion company agreed to let me and the young lady with the boot in early. She had friends with her that were allowed to come in as well. I was alone, so it was just lil ole me. We were allowed to go in ten minutes early as to not get trampled by the crowd. So glory to God, I was able to walk in unhurried and I got the best spot in the arena. Front row, dead center. I was so elated, if I could've danced, I would've. Everyone kept saying, you have the best spot in the whole place. It was divine, I tell you. Here it was, I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it through the concert and I had the best view out of thousands of fans.

Now, I did end up standing for nearly seven hours. My knee was shot by the next day. I was confined to bed for several days after that. Physical therapy has been kicking my butt and I've been chopping on Tylenol and Advil like Tic Tacs. My best friend said, "was it worth it?" I said, "yes. But ask me again in a couple of weeks and I may have a different answer if my knee doesn't get better." I can say without a doubt, that was the best concert I'd ever been to. Beyonce gave one hellava performance. I think we shared a few personal moments too, but that could be all in my head. Well, enjoy the photos. I think I got some really great shots. Whatcha think?

Now, if I can only find Oprah.....














Singer Luke James
Singer, Luke James
The fog machine was right in front of us. Don't I look happy anyway?

Sitting on the floor waiting for the concert to start. 

The concert is about to start and we're waiting on the opening act, Luke James. I think I look a little too excited.

This post is hardly wordless today, but 'eh... so what. These are special circumstances. 
:-) 
Don't forget to leave your wordless wednesday post on the linky list below. 
Happy Wordless Wednesday!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read