social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Heart Touching Photos of Wordless Wednesday

I've been doing research for my upcoming novel and I ran across some heart wrenching photos that truly helped me construct my thoughts into meaningful words. As a writer, I need that emotional pull and tug on my heart sometimes. One of my characters is from Rwanda. Here's what inspired me.


Taken by James Natcheway. This Hutu man was against the genocide and placed in a concentration camp during the Rwandan genocide in 1994. He was starved, and attacked with machetes. He was later freed and cared for by the Red Cross.
This Pulitzer Prize winning photos shows a heroic woman fighting against the militia all by herself on the West Bank settlement outpost of Amona, east of the Palestinian town of Ramallah. Her name is Nili. And she felt driven by a greater force, she later described as God giving her the courage to stand up and fight.
Photo was taken by Oded Balilty.



Have a great week and Happy Wordless Wednesday! 
GET INSPIRED!
Don't forget to leave your Wordless Wednesday post on the linky list below.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read