social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Monday, May 2, 2011

6 Favorite Book Covers


This week while perusing the aisles at Barnes and Nobles I came across some fantastic book covers that I wanted to share. Give me your feedback and let me know what you think.


---------------------------------------

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies": The Classic Regency Romance by Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

This is an interesting cover. It's a parody to the old classic. I love it when people think outside the box.






-------------------------------------------------

"Island Beneath the Sea" by Isabel Allende

Island Beneath the Sea: A NovelThis cover looks exotic. The woman is looking over her shoulder at perhaps approaching danger. Don't know for sure, but it's intriguing enough to make me take a double look at the cover.






-----------------------------------------------

"Perfect Peace" by Daniel Black

Perfect Peace This beautiful little girl has the face of a doll. It looks like an old picture that maybe my grandmother would've taken. Perfect Peace grabs my attention based on the title alone and when I look at the cover I am reminded of the times when I experienced perfect peace and it was usually when I was a young child.






------------------------------------------
"The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder The color in this book cover is breathtaking. My first thought when I glanced at it was life. As if the blue flower was breathing life and at any moment it would take a breath or pulsate.






  
 -------------------------------------------
"The Wild Things" by Dave Eggers

The Wild Things A new take on the old cover. I think it's genius. This would make a great gift for a middle aged reader.





  


 -------------------------------------------------

"What Mother Never Told Me" by Donna Hill

What Mother Never Told Me I don't think the title matches the cover art, however, I do like the cover. It reminds me of Harlem or the stoop of the Cosby Show. The familiarity is what drew me to the book and the title is what made me want to buy it.

 

2 comments:

  1. ok, 3,4 and 5 would of only been my picks. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked 1, 3 and 4 the best. But I liked them all for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read