social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Friday, July 20, 2012

5 Top Affiliate Programs for Bloggers

Affiliate marketing is a great way for bloggers to earn money through their blog or website. It's great for bloggers because it requires no cost on the affiliate part, only a place to promote the merchants products. The merchant handles all the logistics involved in the selling of the products including customer service, shipping, payment transactions from the customer and payment transactions to you the affiliate.



A few things to remember before you begin.

  1. Keep in mind what your goal is. Do you plan to do this short term, long term? Are you using affiliate marketing to supplement your income or do you plan to make this a full-time job?
  2. Describe the product you are promoting. Don't just add a photo or link haphazardly. Make it purposeful.
  3. Promote what you use. Doing so will lend credibility, instill integrity in your endorsement and increase your sales.
  4. Share how the product impacts you, give examples and share your experience.
  5. Put content before promotion. No one wants to see a page full of ads. Your readers still need to get something meaningful from your blog.


Top 5 Affiliate Programs
According to The Online Advertising Blue Book, here are some of the top rated Affiliated Programs.
  • Linkshare: The largest affiliate network with over 10 million affiliate partnerships. You can manage your own affiliate channel or have them manage it for you.
  • Commission Junction: The largest in North America. Offer self management or company managed option, in addition to a pay per action program.
  • ShareASale: Number three for top 20 affiliate networks with over 2,500 merchant programs. Rate high in customer service and ease of use in retrieving payment.
  • Amazon Associates: The most popular program for bloggers because it's easy to use and can be integrated easily into blogs using plug-ins.
  • Google Affiliate Network: This is a pay-per action program that pays its affiliates for sales and leads. Requires a Google AdSense account to post ads to your blog. 
Do you use an Affiliate Program? If so, which one do you recommend for bloggers?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read