social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

KaPow! I'm a 5 Time Black Weblog Award Nominee

I've been happy dancing for some time. As I mentioned before, I was on hiatus this past summer due to health reasons. But in the midst of my recuperation a lot of positive things happened. I was nominated for an African American Literary Award for my book, If I Had My Way. I won't find out if I've won until the awards ceremony being held in New York on September 27, 2012. Keep your fingers crossed and wish my good luck. I also want to thank ALL of you that took the time to vote for me. I truly appreciate the love and support.

I have also been nominated five times for the Black Weblog Awards. I am nominated in the following categories: Best Book or Author Blog, Best Blog Post Series, Best International Blog, Best Personal Blog and Best Blog for Writing. You can win an award two ways, by judges vote and by public vote. Public voting began on September 15th and you can cast your vote for me on the Voting Ballot.

The BWA was founded in 2005 to give recognition to Black bloggers (and those of the African diaspora) which were largely overlooked by other Internet award events online. What started out as a barely-known event has now grown into an international showcase. With participants from over 90 countries, the Black Weblog Awards stands out as one of the most widespread Internet award events for Black bloggers.

To date, the Black Weblog Awards has recognized nearly 180 blogs in over 30 categories. The Awards has also been featured in several mainstream and online media outlets, including NPR, CNN, and others. Winners of the Black Weblog Awards have also went on to appear in other media outlets, like MSNBC, the Huffington Post, BET, and many others.

A big thank you to those that nominated me, those that voted for me and those that will vote for me. I couldn't have gotten this far without your support. A humongous hug from me to YOU!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read