social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What I've Been Up To

Hey everyone,

I've been quite busy and I sorta kinda neglected my blog. But for good reason. I've been transitioning into film. I made a short film in December of 2013, titled Grandma's Hands. It was accepted into the River City Film festival. Woohoo! Wish me luck in winning.

Just recently, I finished my first comedy web series called Unplanned Motherhood. We officially wrapped this past Monday. It's a six episode web series, it's for the perfectly imperfect parents in the world. It stars myself, as Layla, a wife and mother of five that gives professional parenting advice on her real life mommy blog. Her unique parenting style contradicts the perfect parenting advice she gives on her blog, which lends to a distinct brand of humor. With each episode, Layla tries to teach her kids important life lessons, only to discover more about herself and her parenting advice.

What is truly unique about this web series is Layla has a real life blog where she will actually give parenting advice. And after most of her posts, the readers get to see an episode of the web series where her real/fake life is shown. As we all do sometimes in life, we can give others the perfect advice, but it can be quite difficult to take our own advice. So for the perfectly imperfect, this web series is for you.

Stay tune to see it's debut on March 28, 2013 on my Youtube channel. Layla's blog goes up on March 25th. To stay informed, go to my Facebook fan page. Or to the Unplanned Motherhood Fan page.

I hope you'll watch. Wish us luck!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read