social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Auction to Help Ailing Author L.A. Banks



Best-selling author L.A. Banks also known as Leslie Esdaile Banks is gravely ill and the literary community has come out to support her in her time of need. The romance community has gathered together to auction off literary opportunities to raise funds to help the author with rising medical bills. The community of supporters include authors, writers, editors, agents, publishers, artists and RT Book Reviews Magazine to name a few. 


The New York Times and USA Today Best-selling author has penned over 40 novels and 12 novellas in a wide range of genres. Recently she was featured as a speaker on the HBO Special on Vampire Literature and Legends as a prelude to the True Blood premier. She also won the coveted contract to write a book series for the popular cable network television series, Soul Food. L.A. Banks was also contracted to write the  novelization of the movie, Scarface, which looks at Tony Montana's life two years before he emigrated from Cuba to American in 1978.


In addition, Banks penned a four-book crime thriller, beginning with Betrayal of the Trust, under her alternate pseudonym, Leslie Esdaile Banks. She has penned a 12 book Vampire Huntress Legend series under the pseudonym, L.A. Banks, for St. Martin's Press, as well as a hot new werewolf series, Crimson Moon Novels (a six book series.) Banks has also moved into ebooks with Red Rose Publishing, graphic novels, comics, manga and even a new YA, entitled, Shadow Walker, for her thriving Vampire Huntress Legends series, as well as a young adult paranormal series that is under development.


You can go to her auction website and there is a list of services, autographed books, conference packages, advertising packages, all kinds of great opportunities and items for writers and readers. As a writer, I know many of the things on the list would be very beneficial, and as a reader, they would make great gifts to myself, family or friends and the proceeds go to help a truly gifted writer on her own personal journey. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. I know we are all sending well wishes and many blessings her way.


On Tuesday, June 21st at 9PM EST, you can click on the Button below to be taken to the front page of our LA Banks Auction eBay Store where you can see the entire listing with all the up-to-the-minute auction data or you can click on any Blue eBay Number below to be taken directly to that specific auction page where you can place your bid.  If you are a professional in the publishing industry, you might enjoy our conference and marketing packages or perhaps you’d prefer all of the fun stuff.  If you’d rather enjoy being a fan-girl or fan-guy, there are autographed books, movies, challenge coins, and rare collectibles galore.

Thank you for supporting the romance community and our beloved friend Leslie Esdaile “LA” Banks.

Auction begins Tuesday, June 21st, 2011, 9PM EST
Auction will end July 1, 2011, 9PM EST !



5 comments:

  1. OMG I'm so sorry to hear about this. I had no idea she wrote for such a vast array of genres. And that first book looks so good. I'm going to check out her eBay store. Good thoughts and prayers going up for her. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad that she such a great support system, and wish her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jade, I'm sure she would appreciate it. There are some great offers up for auction. They have some lots of brand new books 30 or 40 books per lot starting at $50 plus free shipping and handling up for auction by RT Romance Review Magazine. That's a great deal and great way to support as well.

    I'm glad she has a great support system too Doan. She is very blessed to have so many people in her corner. I wish her well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that she soon recovers from her illness. I just said a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some GOOD NEWS for me, Lena! My books are non-fiction, but I want you and your readers to send me good wishes because three of my books are now available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod!! I'm very pleased and excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read