social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Monday, August 15, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday

Over my 11 day hiatus I received several books. Below is my list of books and how I received them.

From the publisher in the mail:
 


Purge by Sofi Oksanen


Haint Misbehavin' by Maureen Hardegree


 From the library bookstore:
 

More Church Folk by Michele Andrea Bowen


Cry to Heaven by Anne Rice

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Killing Johnny Fry by Walter Mosley


The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd  


Books I purchased in paperback or hardcover:






Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

Shadowfever: A MacKayla Lane Novel by Karen Marie Moning


Up at the College by Michele Andrea Bowen


I Wish I Had a Red Dress by Pearl Cleage

Gather Together in My Name by Tracy Price Thompson

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel (P.S.) by David Wroblewski


Ebooks I purchased:


Say Amen, Again by Reshonda Tate Billingsley

Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones





Books Gifted to Me:



The Kid by Sapphire

Secret Obsession by Kimberla Lawson Roby


What books have you recently received?

In My Mailbox (IMM) is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.


9 comments:

  1. Have a nice week! I haven't received my ordered books yet but I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul you have there. I got a few books from the Borders that's going out of business around here and Sam's. I got the second in the Stephanie Plum series, The firt in the Percy Jackson series. Castles, by Julie Garwood, Something Old, Something New by Beverly Jenkins, and Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a really cool haul there! There are so many of those in my wish list. Oscar Wao and Silver Sparrow are the ones I most want to read! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow on your mailbox. ENJOY!!

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a whole paragraph and the darn computer blinked off. so with that Happy Reading. love the books in your mailbox. a few i've read, your ebook selection i want. Happy reading to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books, Lena! I loved Purge and heard so much good about Cutting for Stone and Edgar Sawtelle (both are on my wishlist).

    Have fun with these wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently reading "The Kid," and sad to say I truly wasted my money.this book is so hard to follow. It's like a bad ADHD day. The main character is really hard to like. The way it is written is so ......ahhh....confusing. I have abbot 100 more pages and pray for the strength not to just delete it without finishing it! So disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting. I am eager to read Purge, it seems intriguing. I have heard Not so great things about The Kid. And the Kindle edition was priced way too high, and I refused to buy it. Someone was gracious enough to hear me complain and sent me an Amazon gift. Otherwise, I would've passed til it was much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! You're going to have to add on a room for your books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read