social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekend Update

Hey all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. My week has been so hectic and out of order. I dislike being disorganized so when life throws in a wrench, I have to reprogram. So here's what I did this crazy, yet blessed week.

I read three books. I haven't read that much in a short period in quite awhile. But I have some book tours coming through so I had to. Which is actually great, because otherwise I may have put it off to do a host of other things. I read Seductive Kiss and Trouble Don't Last Always by Francis Ray as well as A New Prospect by Wayne Zurl. Can't wait to tell you all about them in the coming weeks. I also have tons of blogs to catch up on this weekend, so I'll make my rounds this evening. Can't wait to see what my blogger buddies have been up to.

I will have several guest blog posts coming up in November as well. Some of the authors guest posting will be Barbara Kyle, Wayne Zurl, HP Mallory and GG Vandagriff just to name a few.

Halloween is coming and so I couldn't decide what to give out to the little kiddies, I suggested bags of popcorn to my kids like, Karen, (one of my blog followers) suggested. But my 12 year old daughter responded, "Are we going to be that house in the neighborhood that hands out lame treats?" Of course, I had to give her the side-eye. So I have decided on my old trusty favorite, bags of potato chips. 

I am also coaching my daughter's basketball team this year. Ask me if I have ever coached basketball before. Go ahead ask me. .....Nope. Never. Na-da one time. So this ought to be fun, eight spunky 12 year olds and one determined, destined to win mom who gives one hellava mean side-eye and don't make me come on the court mom stare. Amazingly, there are two other moms coaching in the same age bracket who have never coached either so I feel confident that I can atleast keep up with them. My daughter says she think we will have the best team. That really made me smile. I have been reading book after book on girls basketball, watched over 100 youtube videos and took notes like it was a midterm exam coming up. So wish us luck.

The eBook version of my book is almost complete. I can't wait to tell you about that journey, the ups and downs and the downs and the ups. I have learned a lot of lessons, so many it definitely requires it's own post in the future.

Lastly, I have been staying the course on my eating healthy and exercise regimen. I have lost 4.3 pounds this week. Yay! I'm so excited. Tired from exercising, but excited. Weight Watchers has helped. I like getting the gold stars for my booklet.

Well, that was my week, how was yours?


P.S. Don't forget to stop by and enter the Spooktacular Giveaway. The prize is a $50 gift card to Amazon.com or $50 in purchases at the Book Depository. Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read