social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spotlight Poetry Contest Day 3



Good day everyone. It's day 3 of the Spotlight Poetry Contest and we have two more poets debuting today. I think they are wonderful additions to the contest. So please leave a comment and show them some love and support. Don't forget to check out their websites, blogs, etc. Also, there is still time to participate, just go the Spotlight Poetry Contest tab for more details.

Did you read this week's Part 2 interview with acclaimed poet, Nikki Giovanni? If you haven't, please go check it out, she had some really interesting things to say. I think you will enjoy it or at the very least go hmmm?

Have a safe and happy week. Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the next set of poets in the contest, they need your love and support too. And don't forget last week's poets as well. And feel free to share this poetry contest with your friends and followers; it's free exposure and another added notch on their networking resume they can add.



Enjoy!

************************************************************

A former corporate attorney and government relations/health policy executive, Jill-Elizabeth walked away from that world (well, skipped actually) and toward a more literary life (equally challenging, but infinitely more enjoyable).  If you enjoyed this poem, please visit her at Jill-Elizabeth.com, the official home of All Things Jill-Elizabeth – that is, all of the teehees, musings, rants, book reviews, poems, writing exercises, and witticisms of her burgeoning writing career.

Jill Elizabeth Website
Jill Elizabeth Goodreads
Jill Elizabeth Facebook
Jill Elizabeth Linkedin

********************

 In An Instant by Jill Elizabeth

What does it mean, to truly love –
To find the person you are meant to find?
The one whose life fits yours like a glove,
Who turns two ones into a matched set, a two of a kind.

Suddenly a rosy-red sunset, a flash of lightning in brilliant blue-white,
The grace of a soaring flight of birds –  
These things take on new meaning when you know it’s right;
Clichés are magically no longer just banal words.

They represent the wonder and amazement, the awe, the bliss
Of all that you feel.  The words themselves are no longer the point –
All that matters is the hope, the spark, the kiss,
The touch of the divine, whose spirit deigned to anoint.

It happens in an instant; the Other suddenly is the central part.
From just a piece they have become the very fabric of your heart.
 
*****************************************

Charron Monaye never dreamed of being an acclaimed writer, but when she connected with 912 James Street Production, from Douglasville, Georgia in the winter of 2009, her words were heard. Under this independent label, she wrote soulful ballads such as Better with Me, Lonely Days and Just Friends. In 2010, she connected with ML the Truth of 100 Drums Productions, LLC and wrote some of her favorite ballads, "I Apologize" and "Commitment", which appear on his latest CD entitled, "The Truth". In October of 2010, she networked with Londa B. of Purposeful Publishing and Media Services and decided to publish her thoughts, feelings, and emotions in her 1st proclaimed book of poetry entitled, "My Side of the Story". Charron discusses her experiences and emotions regarding relationships, love, heartbreak, parenthood, family, African - American heritage, and overcoming life's trials. This book is not just her testimony, but it is her own advice manual for all.

Watch Youtube interview
Youtube Book Trailer
Email: charron.monaye@gmail.com
Purchase Book: submissions@purposefulpubandmedia.info


***********************************************

Survival by Charron Monaye

My strength shows my struggle
My bloodshed shows my battles
My broken bones show my determination
My smile shows my pleasure in spite of
My pain shows that I am still human
My broken heart shows that every one isn’t true
My imperfections show that I am not perfect
My drive shows that I keep it moving no matter what
My corns show there is no stopping me now
My determination shows that I “Can’t stop, Won’t stop”
My testimony shows that my life isn’t much different from yours
My beauty shows that I come from a line of elegance
My sexiness shows that I am a woman
My timberlands show that I am not ghetto, but straight hood
My divorce papers show that I did give love a try
My pot belly shows that I am a great mother
But
The mere fact that my life hasn't stop
Shows that I have Survived!!!!!! 


**********************************************

What did you think of the poets today? Could you relate to what they were speaking about?

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lena - I am thrilled to have been featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like poets that I can feel personally. All of the talent on here are in tune with themselves. "Survival" by Charron really is a unisex Masterpiece. I related to the poem as if she was writing a biography on my life. Great site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both women did an amazing job! I could truly relate to their words. I know Jill from Book Blogs, but did not know Charron. Now I do and I am happy to read her work. :) Rae, Best O' Books Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Poetry and I am enjoying my daily visit to your blog to read composed words of your featured poets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone for the kind and supportive words!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another two poems that we all can relate to, the first with its melding of two hearts & the second about being a human being, lovely thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the kind words, truly appreciate it. Peace and Blessings Always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG !!!!!!!!!! Survival Described me in such a way that I am speechless it touched on my thoughts and experiences. This poem will be my moto something that I share with everyone that is going through. Powerful and Inspirational a testimony of ME.

    Thanks Charron for Sharing, you insprire me to Push even harder

    Sincerly,

    Crystal Jones

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved poetry. I actually use to write a lot of it when I was younger playing around. I loved both of these poems because they spoke from the heart and you truly understood both perspectives. I know Charron from college and I am so proud of her. Keep up the good work!! Her poems really touched me because I feel some of the same ways that she describes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these poems were touching, one taking you on a journey through a daydream the other giving a vivid illustration on strength.

    Charron very nice poem its almost written like a daily positive affirmation. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are very inspirational and I love the creativity and talent in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poems! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspiring pieces by beautiful souls.

    Charron Monaye writes from several chapters of the book known as my life. She speaks of survival in a way that describes the journey of many. It has been said that we may never know in this lifetime why we face what we do, but we can feel confident that we can grow from the experience. SURVIVAL. Thank you Charron. -Shaun Bennett West

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for commenting and sharing your thoughts with wonderful words of encouragement. I know Jill and Charron appreciate it and they so deserve the praise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to thank everyone for the encouraging words, I actually wrote this poem while driving on the expressway moving slowly in traffic. LOL ..... It's amazing how we all live in different parts of the world but share the same experiences, lessons, and stories of SURVIVAL!!!!!! It's not what you been through but how you overcame it that makes you who you are....Thanks you all

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have really enjoyed all the poems so far! Great job poets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read