social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Monday, July 25, 2011

Tribute to My Grandma, You Are My Friend

Posting on my blog has been a little sporadic the last several days, I've had a lot going on. And I know today is suppose to be a post of my last interview with Nikki Giovanni, however, I want to dedicate today's post to my grandmother that passed away a couple of days ago. She was a delightful hoot, but I think that's what everyone loved about her. She was at one time my primary caretaker as a child. So it's really hard to say goodbye. But she was more than a caretaker, she was a wonderful grandmother and she was my friend.

So in honor of my grandma, I am dedicating this video as my tribute to her. Heaven just got another angel and I now have another guardian angel looking over me. Have a joyful, joyful dance with Jesus grandma, shake a leg and tail feather for me.

Love always,
Your granddaughter and forever friend,
Lena











Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

10 comments:

  1. Aww Lena I'm sorry to hear that your Grandmother has passed but happy she gets to be with our Lord and Savior. There are no words I can say to make you feel better. I found that out when my Father died. So I'll just say I understand how you're feeling and I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your grandma. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena, so sorry to read about your grandma's passing. She sounds like she was an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss Lena. It's so difficult when you lose someone you had such a connection with. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. My thoughts are with you. May your memories give you comfort. Take care. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss, Lena. This was a very touching post. My thoughts are with you and yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lena! The last I heard, your grandma had awakened from her coma. I did not know she passed. May she rest in peace! Bet I know what kind of grandma you're going to be!! And I bet nothing would make her prouder!! Think of her and smile, Lena!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear it Lena. The songs were lovely and I'm sure she'd have loved your tribute. (((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lena, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Grandmas are such special people, she will always be with you in your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose our loved ones ... especially when they are vibrant loving people and it sounds like your grandmother was that! Take comfort in your memories of her. Lovely tribute that you did. She would be honored. My deepest sympathies.

    By the way, I'm just back from vacation and only leaving one comment for everyone to help me catch up with everything. Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read