social icons

Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Blogger Email Rss

Search

Monday, April 11, 2011

Kleenex for all the Cry Babies!

Hey all you cry babies! I know a few of you have cried while reading a book. Something made you cry out of sadness or cry out of laughter. I admit, I'm a cry baby too. I cried when reading "Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, "Bastard out of Carolina" by Dorothy Allison, "The Color Purple" by Alice Walker and of course, "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White. Wow, my first book cry. I hate spiders, but boy did I loved me some Charlotte.

There are some great books that I heard will make you cry. Some I have yet to read and are waiting for me on my bookshelf. A few I have just recently read and a link is provided with my review. A couple of the books listed are also on this week's book giveway, so check them out.

So for all my cry babies, here's a list for you. I hope you enjoy.

P.S. Have you read any of the books on this list? What books did I leave off the list? Are there some books that you've read that made you cry? Or perhaps, someone told you it made them cry? (I know some won't admit it, so a friend's, friend's, auntie's cousin told you right?)  ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ellen Foster" by Kaye Gibbons















-------------------------

"The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold















-------------------------

"The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger
















--------------------------

"The Darkest Child" by Delores Phillips
( I did read this one. It was amazing. Click for review)
















----------------------------

"Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini 
(Also one of the book's on this week's giveaway)
















--------------------------

"The Hundred Secret Senses" by Amy Tan
















---------------------------

One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd
by Jim Fergus
















---------------------------

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter"
by Kim Edwards
















----------------------------

"I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb 
(Also one of the book's on this week's giveaway)

5 comments:

  1. I don't recall any books that made me cry. Doesn't mean there weren't any--I just don't remember. None lately, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vividly remember crying after reading Charlotte's Web. I rarely cry when reading a book, it has to be a real heart tugger. I've heard people say, "The Darkest Child" will make you cry. But I didn't cry. However, it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bluest Eye. I was so pissed off with how everyone treated her. The part that got me was when her dad was watching her wash the dishes. I was so disgusted and frustrated and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get very emotionally attached to characters in books. My most memorable weepy moment? Reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the final book in the series). It's a different genre than you might expect, but when you invest so much time and imagination in a story, both tragedies and joys bring tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I'm not a cry baby! lol. I did cry while reading Rewritting the Script. I reveiwed this on my blog and i did cry while reading, Scarred for Life. anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lena's Ramblings

My photo
I am a writer, filmmaker, wife and a mom of five beautiful, intelligent, quirky kids. This blog is for writers, aspiring writers, filmmakers and movie lovers. Bringing you my favorite books, films and photos, as well as giveaways and updates on my journey. I'm currently in the process of producing my first short film from my collection of short stories titled, If I Had My Way. The first story to be filmed will be Tandarin Drive. My award winning book, If I Had My Way, is available now. You can purchase a copy at Amazon.com and BN.com. You may contact me via email at: blog@lenasledge.com

Join My Other Fantabulous Followers!

If I Had My Way

If I Had My Way
Available Now! Please Get Your Copy Today!

Popular Posts

Blogs I Love and Frequently Read